Friday, May 28, 2010

Welcome to the blog!


I've fallen out of writing lately. Like, completely, totally out of writing. A capital-F Fall on the scale of Tarsem. Or a David Bowie-Nicolas Roeg type. And I miss it.

Combine this with my newest venture, an account at Canadian Netflix-rip-off Zip.ca, and I've had an admittedly not-too-creative-but-nonetheless-compelling idea: start a blog and follow my progress as I make my way through movies. I'll try not to "review" movies in the typical sense, just comment on what I found interesting, boring or infuriating, and even if no one else reads it, keep it as a journal of sorts for me.

What I like about Zip and other services like it is that I have limited control over what will be sent to me at any time. I'm interested in seeing almost everything, and having something new coming consistently to me is refreshing. I'll also be trying to work my way through my three To-Watch piles of stuff I've bought and never worked through, so there should be enough content to make this a daily post.

So welcome, stranger, and feel free to get into a flame war with me about the ouvre of Tony Scott. Spoiler alert: I'll win, because Tony Scott is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment